Through years of experience in the steel industry, i3d robotics have developed imaging instrumentation for harsh, industrial environments. These instruments use stereo matching algorithms to produce 3D representation of targets for inspection and monitoring ensuring high product quality and quick detection of defects and faults. Our stereo systems provide a tailored solution that give unprecedented levels of resolution and accuracy, even in the most challenging of environments. Our stereo cameras are housed in water and air-cooled protective housing capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 2000ºC. i3D robotics have developed for machine vision systems for monitoring in as-cast steel, steel ladles and steel plates during the manufacturing process.
Image of the 3D laser triangulation system at Tata’s Concast plant.
2cm2 area of the steel acquired by the system.
i3D robotics' 3D stereo vision system used to produce a 3D model of a heated steel ladle at 1200⁰C
3D model of the steel ladle
• The instrument can acquire data of an entire cast
• detects and identifies defects as small as 0.1mm
• withstand the harsh hot environment (>1000°C)
• non-destructive laser imaging technology
• reduce the reliance on as-cast rectification
• Using laser-based triangulation and state-of-the-art cameras,
• 3D profiling, automatically detects and provides
• topological mapping of the steel surface.
• stereo matching algorithms to produce 3D representation
• inspection and monitoring for quality assessment purposes
• quick detection of defects and faults.
• tailored solutions that give unprecedented levels of resolution and accuracy
• operates in the most challenging of environments.
• Our stereo cameras are housed in water and air-cooled protective housing capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 2000⁰C.
• Enhance the efficiency in steel plate mills.
• 3D surface reconstruction to detect and identify defects.
• Provides dimensional analysis
• Identifies defects on steel plates at an early stage of the manufacturing process,
• Operates on steel at 500 - 800°C
• Stereo camera arrangement combined with a laser-triangulation system,
• Mounted in a water-cooled housing with integrated air purge.
• detect defects as small as 0.125 mm
• Modular to enable measurement of varying plate widths.
i3D robotics 3D stereo vision system measuring as-cast steel