i3Dr has developed imaging instrumentation for Steel & high-temperature manufacturing environments.
Our stereo vision cameras use state-of-the-art, proprietary stereo matching algorithms to produce 3D representation of targets for inspection and monitoring ensuring high product quality and quick detection of defects and faults. Our stereo systems provide a tailored solution that give unprecedented levels of resolution and accuracy, even in the most challenging of conditions. Our stereo cameras are protected a in water and air-cooled protective housing capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 2000ºC and with in-built conductors to draw heat build-up away from sensitive areas.
We have developed machine vision systems for monitoring as-cast steel, steel ladles and steel plates during the manufacturing process.
As-cast steel surfaces
- System can acquire data of an entire cast
- 3D profiling, automatically detects and provides topological mapping of the steel surface
- Detects and identifies defects as small as 0.1mm
- Resistant to the harsh hot environment (>1000°C)
- Non-destructive laser imaging technology
- Reduces the reliance on as-cast rectification
- Uses laser-based triangulation and state-of-the-art cameras
Steel Hot Plate Monitoring
- Enhance the efficiency in steel plate mills
- 3D surface reconstruction to detect and identify defects
- Provides dimensional analysis
- Identifies defects on steel plates at an early stage of the manufacturing process
- Operates on steel at 500 – 800°C
- Stereo camera arrangement combined with a laser-triangulation system
- Mounted in a water-cooled housing with integrated air purge
- Detect defects as small as 0.125 mm
- Modular to enable measurement of varying plate widths